Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication (SCMC) announces the MadHat contest specially for budding media professional like you.
Have you registered for the SET exam and do you fancy yourself as a media aficionado? If yes, then, here is your first chance to showcase your skills! Show us what you’ve got and win an opportunity to attend an insightful workshop on Ad-Making and photography from a top industry leader arranged specially for you.
Tons of brands are there in the market who are making way for Gen Z. All we need you to do is come up with new taglines for these popular brands and explain why you chose them.
1. Nike (former tagline - Just Do It)
2. Youtube (former tagline - Broadcast Yourself)
3. McDonald (former tagline - I’m Lovin’ it)
4. Amul (former tagline - The Taste of India)
5. Dell (former tagline - Purely You)
Create an Instagram carousel post out for these 5 brands and tag SCMC along with your answers (Make sure your account is open). Curate a 150 word write up explaining your thought process and share your entries here along with your post link:
We would like some of our most popular iconic Indian brands to be represented by international brand ambassadors (some famous sitcom characters).
Pick your own combination of the duo. Choose the character you would pick for each of the brands and explain why in 100 words. Create an Instagram post out of this and tag SCMC in your post and share your write up and link of the post here:
So, are you up for the challenge? Hop on to win the sessions with unparalleled insights from our top media experts.
1. Participants taking part in the contest will have to put their post on their own Instagram accounts to be eligible for the contest.
2. The contest entry is by no means an endorsement/acceptance/confirmation of the candidate/candidate's application/candidate's admission.
3. The winners will be chosen by Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication and the decision of the institute will be final.
4. There will be no bearing of the candidature of the student in any way because of participation or winning of this contest in the admission process.
5. If the winner does not respond to the verification calls his/her prize will be considered to have been forfeited.
6. The winners will have to provide the institute with valid photo identity proof to be part of the workshop.
7. The submissions will become properties of the institute and will be used as deemed fit.
8. The institute reserves the right to change/modify the terms and conditions of the contest without explicitly informing the participants.
9. The Winners will be winning an all paid workshop on ad-making and photography which could be in person or virtual as per the covid conditions at that point of the scenario.
10. The institute can discontinue the contest at its discretion.
11. The participants have to submit their entries individually and no group entries will be considered.
12. The contest opens at 1100hrs (11:00 am) on Wednesday, 3rd June and closes at 2359hrs (11:59 pm) on Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
13. There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
14. Winners details are non-transferable.
15. MadHat Contest and SCMC team reserves the right to remove any post, material or work without warning or further notice, in particular, any of the above which breaches these terms or is otherwise objectionable.
16. Objectionable materials include any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, adult, profane, libellous, invasive of another's privacy(including the posting of personal data of an individual or entity), hateful, or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, or infringes the rights of any third party.
17. This activity is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any of the other mentioned brands.
18. Any participation from an account on Instagram that is deemed to be fake shall be disqualified without further correspondence or clarification.
19. Any details submitted by participants are being submitted willingly to MadHat Contest and SCMC.
20. Winning entries can be shared on the Social Media Platforms of SCMC.
21. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.